Live In Treatment Program
In this group-living setting, 22 young mothers, aged 13-21 and babies are supported by residential counsellors and social workers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The young women arrive at any time during pregnancy, and they and their babies stay for up to six months after delivery.
The goals of the Live in Treatment program include:
- birth of healthy babies
- early bonding
- effective newborn support and care
- teaching life skills for parenting and independent living
The pregnant and parenting adolescents actively participate in the design of their plan of care, individualized for each new young woman and designed to focus on their strengths. As part of this plan, pregnant adolescents and new moms must participate in structured program activities such as:
- secondary school
- group activities
- medical appointments
- counselling (individual and/or family/relationship)
- health and wellness sessions • prenatal classes
- physician-supervised exercise • work or pre-employment preparation
For more information or to register, please call the Intake Social Worker at 416-425-6348 x 230.
"Abiona Centre not only gave me the ability to care for my child, but the motivation to get what I wanted for my life - to have my daughter with me and to live independently."