Prenatal Residential Programs and Services
Abiona Centre is inspired by the vision of a community where adolescent mothers, aged 13-21 and their children achieve their full potential. With your support, Abiona Centre’s vision is not only possible but will be the experience of every Abiona mother and child.
In fact, every day at the Abiona Centre:
- Moms have the opportunity to learn to be the great moms they want to be
- Moms learn how to bond and attach to their babies through evidence-based parenting programs
- Moms access primary health care to ensure healthy pregnancies, baby birth weights and babies
- Moms enroll in and/or complete high school or job preparation courses (85% in fact), a stepping stone to future prosperity
- Moms receive counselling for the emotional challenges they may face, and help for establishing their new lives, beginning with securing long-term housing, child care and employment
- Babies get the love and support they need, the foundation for emotional health and resilience
"Abiona Centre not only gave me the ability to care for my child, but the motivation to get what I wanted for my life - to have my daughter with me and to live independently."