The program creates a bridge to permanent housing by increasing life and work skills to prepare young moms to live independently in the community with healthy, happy babies.
Program offers the following services:
- Support in securing housing in market apartments
- Referrals to community resources
- Eviction prevention services and workshops
- Employment job search
- Income Tax services
- Application assistance for OSAP, Ontario Works, and other income supports
- Support with finding a secondary or postsecondary programs.
In-Home Wraparound Program
This program supports young moms and children in their own homes. We work with families to build a “team” around them that will help them focus on their goals and improve their daily lives. Team members can include family members, friends, social workers, health workers, faith groups, and community members.
"Abiona Centre not only gave me the ability to care for my child, but the motivation to get what I wanted for my life - to have my daughter with me and to live independently."
Abiona Centre is a client-centred infant and early childhood mental health organization which supports pregnant and parenting adolescents, aged 13 – 25.